Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birthday Card by Chris


I couldn’t resist. Remember Lori’s sweet numeral 3 card using her Gypsy and Hello Kitty cart? Well, I have a grandson who loves Superman and has a 3-year birthday coming up, so I decided to adapt her card. I used SCAL3 with my Black Cat and made one numeral 3 at approximately 4 7/8 x 4 ¼. (The font was Cooper Black.)  I then made a shadow layer which I duplicated, flipped vertically and unioned into a topfold card. I cut the cardbase from blue cardstock and the top layer from red and used my ATG to put them together.  I trimmed the bottom of the 3 a fraction of an inch so it would stand and then colored the superkid with my Copics. I just love my paint dauber, which was just the perfect size for coloring in the yellow circle with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. I added the “g” with a mini stamp I have and attached him with an action wobble. Another birthday card done with many thanks to Lori for the original idea.

Reds: R 24, 27, 29
Blues: B 12, 14, 16, 18
Skin:  E00, 21, 50
Hair: YR 31, Y11, Y21

4 comments:

  1. That is adorable. Some lucky little guy is going to be very happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. The little boy reminds me of Henry Higgins in the old story books from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a SUPER card! Your little guy is going to be thrilled with that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris your card is so adorable. Your grandson is going to love it! And then having the wobble on it makes it even neater. I love how you explained how you made the card using the shadow option. Great, great creation! Hugs,Fran

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails